Since the beginning of the Company’s history in 1931, Leuenberger+C has developed and produced industrial adhesives for a wide range of industries.
In 1922, Hermann Leuenberger founded his first company in Milan, trading casein, but the history of Leuenberger+C began only 9 years later, in 1931, when he bought a spinning mill in Crema and he transformed it into a production site of casein based glues, specific for wood gluing, with the trade mark “Colla Leone”.
After the second world war, in 1946, under the direction of Bruno and Werner, Leuenberger+C became the Italian agent of the National Klebstoff Industries and the company began the production of glues based on starches and dextrins, with the trade mark Naklin, a line of adhesives specific for labelling and graphic arts industry; In 1950 Leuenberger extended its production by including Resicol range, synthetic water based glues for furniture and the new packaging market.
Building on the success of Naklin and Resicol and to new cooperation with Laesser Klebstoffe on tobacco market, during the ‘70s Leuenberger+C installed new facilities: the first hotmelt production began in 1978 and the complete line come into operation in 1980 with the production of granulated hotmelts specific for packaging and bookbinding, under the trademark Termomelt.
In the same years a strong increase in volumes permitted to amplify again the portfolio with pressure sensitive hotmelts, adhesives for foam coatings, shoes, labels and a lot of different application.
In the 90’s the Company has grown again with the built of a new production site, at Via De Chirico in Crema, where it has been installed 2 new 4-reactor’ production line for the production of granulated and pressure sensitive hotmelts.
The 2007 was a year full of investments for Leuenberger + C: the production site of Via De Chirico has further enlarged with a plant of water based adhesives; the Company headquarters has moved to Crema and the R&D laboratory has been equipped with the most up-to-date devices while the team has been reinforced with new skilled researchers.
Between 2010 and 2015 Leuenberger still expanded its production with a new line for free-pack pressure sensitive hotmelts, new reactors for granulated hotmelts and a new site in Via Raffaello Sanzio dedicated to the production of Ecotop range.
In the last 15 years the export business increased terrifically, currently Leuenberger+C export around 65% of its turnover in more than 80 Countries, this led the Company to open 3 commercial branches in France, Spain and German and, only in 2018, to extend the production with a new system for pressure sensitive hotmelts and to build a raw material warehouse.